Merry Christmas my dear friends!
Well, that special time of the year full of love, joy and hope has arrived. It's a season of celebrations, tasting delicious traditional meals and beautifully decorating our houses. I particularly enjoy the last two very much. Decorating home is my thing and mostly always with a vintage style.
Today I share a simple but beautiful project: Bizantine Inspired Christmas Ornaments.
It's a simple project, just few things are needed.
- Thick cardstock paper
- Bizantine Church Dome shapes templates
- Bizantine and Orthodox images
- Gold Leaf kit
- Scissors & cutter
Step by step
1. Draw or copy the shapes of bizantine church domes into thick cardstock paper. Then cut the shapes with a scissor and the inside shape with a cutter.
2. Print the images and put the church shape on top of the images to see which part of it will show through the shape before cutting. I got the images from different church picture sites for personal use only.
3. Cut the images and glue them onto the shapes.
4. Prepare the Gold Leaf Kit and glue the leaves onto the ornaments shape borders. Follow the instructions of the kit. Note: I glued the images to the shapes first and then I applied the gold leaves, but I would recommend to do it the other way around, first the gold leaves and then the images.
5. Eliminate softly all excess of gold leave with a brush. Seal it and open a small hole where the lace to hang them will go through and voilá!! You have beautiful Christmas ornaments inspired in the Bizantine and Orthodox church for that vintage touch.
Another option instead the gold leaves is to paint the borders with Gold or Copper paint. Also Protect the images with an Ink spray.
I hope you like this project, let me know if you find it nice.
Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year. Thank you all for your company this year, for visiting my blog and always giving me your support. Thank you so much,
Whenever we create beautiful projects, we take the great opportunity to participate and share them in awesome parties, please visit them and see what talented artists and crafters are creating. In no particular order here they are:
Calling All Crafters Monday @ All Things Fee
The creative collection Link party @ CraftO Maniac
The creative Collection @ Classy Clutter
Make it Pretty Monday @ The Dedicated House
Monday Funday @ Creative Living
Inspire me Monday @ My UnCommon Slice of Suburbia
Tutorials & Tips Link Party @ Home Stories A2Z
Show and Tell Monday @ SugarBee crafts
Show and Tell @ SNAP
Merry Monday @ Maid in a Day
Merry Monday @ C´mon get Crafty
Merry Monday @ Ash & Crafts
Fiesta de Enlaces @ Arte Friki
The Scoop @ Cedar Hill Farmhouse
Vintage Inspiration Party @ Knick of Time
Trash 2 Treasure Tuesday @ Kammy's Korner
Be inspired features & link party @ Elizabeth and Co
One project at a Time @ A Bowl Full of Lemons
Sizzle into Summer @ DIY by Design
The Handmade Hangout @ Too much time on my hands
Martes Creativos @ Arriba en el Desván
Wow us Wednesdays @ Savvy Southern Style
What's it Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephants
Wicked Awesome Wednesday @ Handy man, crafty woman
It's a Party @ CreativePrincess
Share your style Party @ No MinimalistHere
Share your style Party @ Common Ground
The creative exchange link Party @ A vision to remember
Home and Garden Thrusday @ A delightsome Life
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From my front porch to yours
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Weekend Bloggy Reading @ Serenity Now
The party Bunch Link Party @ WhipperBerry
An upcycled link party @ Funky Junk Interiors
Link Paty Palooza @ Tatertots & Jello
That DIY Party @ DIY showoff
Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things